Keeping your car in mint condition can be a challenge, but there are a few precautions that can make things a lot easier. One of these simple steps is a trick called the two-bucket car wash method. Read on to learn everything about this effective car detailing hack.
What Is the Two-Bucket Car Wash Method?
As its name suggests, the two-bucket car wash method consists in using two buckets to wash your car. If that sounds easy, it’s because it is! And that’s great news because it means that by taking a simple precaution you can reduce the scratches and swirls on your car’s paint.
This is how the two-bucket car wash method works:
- Prepare two buckets (preferably with grit guards) before washing your car
- Fill one bucket number 1 with your car wash solution (water and shampoo)
- Bucket number 2 is for plain water
- Dip your wash mitt or microfiber cloth in bucket number 1 and proceed to wash
- When you need to rinse your wash mitt/microfiber cloth, use bucket number 2
This method protects your car by preventing you from inadvertently rubbing grime or debris against the paint, a common occurrence when you use only one bucket to wash your car.
The Three-Bucket Method
If you want to be even more diligent when you wash your car, you can use the three-bucket car wash method. The basic idea is the same as with the two-bucket method. The only difference is that you use a third bucket only for the rims and tires.
This makes sense, as tires are in direct contact with the asphalt and tend to accumulate dirt and grime (not to mention brake dust) more than other parts of your car.
Learn More About Car Detailing
Do you want to learn more about car detailing? Keep your ride always in top-notch condition with these posts that cover about every aspect of care and maintenance of your car.
- How to protect your car from wildfire ash
- How to clean your car rims
- 4 Tips to wax your car
- Use these ideas to avoid door dings
- Don’t ignore cracked windshields!
- How to wash your car by hand
- Protect your car from rust
- This is why you shouldn’t ignore a cracked windshield
Inland Empire Autobody & Paint Inc. is a leading company providing windshield replacement services in Riverside, Moreno Valley, and More. We take pride in our day-to-day workmanship and we work closely with our clients to satisfy their every concern.
We have locations in Riverside, California, and Moreno Valley, California. Request a quote today!
Call us (951-465-7350), contact us through our website or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to get information about our services: Collision repair, custom paint, windshield replacement, rim repair, paintless dent removal, auto detail, complete paint jobs and more!