From greasy hands to splattered bugs, the windows of your car are exposed to all kinds of contaminants. Here are some tips to clean car windows effortlessly and efficiently.
Tips to Clean Car Windows
The following simple tips will help you ensure that the windows of your car always look pristine.
- First, remember to park your car in the shade when you wash it. This is important because high temperatures may cause the cleaning products to dry onto the body and windows of your car, leaving a residue behind.
- As you wash your car, save the windows for last, and use a separate set of microfiber towels for the glass.
- Make sure to use an ammonia-free product on your windows. Ammonia free products won’t damage your windows and are gentler to the surrounding components of your car.
- Clean the windows on the driver and passenger side first. Don’t forget to roll down the windows so that you clean the top part of the glass, which is encased in a plastic seal when the windows are rolled up. That area is a magnet for dirt and grease!
- To clean your windows, wet a microfiber towel with cleaning product and wipe the glass down until you are satisfied with the result. Then rinse the windows with clean water and use a second microfiber towel to dry the glass.
- Clean stubborn contaminants (such as splattered bugs) with an up-and-down motion instead of circles. This will reduce the swirls that the process may leave behind.
More Car Detailing Tips and Resources
Keep your vehicle in mint condition with these posts that cover every aspect of the care and maintenance of your car.
- A basic auto detailing glossary
- 4 Classic car maintenance tips
- How to clean your car rims
- 4 Tips to avoid distracted driving
- How to prevent and repair hail damage
Inland Empire Autobody & Paint Inc. is a family-owned business that specializes in collision repair and custom paint. We work with all major insurance companies!
We have locations in Riverside and Moreno Valley, California. Call us (951-465-7350), contact us through our website or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to get information about our services: Collision repair, custom paint, windshield replacement, rim repair, paintless dent removal, auto detail, complete paint jobs and more!