Car detailing, or auto detailing, is a process that comprises final cleaning of both the inside and the outside of a vehicle, application of pinstripes, removal of overspray, as well as polishing. The aim of detailing is enhancing the appearance of your car while providing protection from dirt and damage.
Car Detailing vs. Car Wash
As you can see above, auto detailing is a more thorough process than simply washing your car. In fact, washing and rinsing is usually just one of the many steps included in detailing. While washing your car is about basic cleaning and maintenance, detailing provides long-term protection.
What Does Car Detailing Include?
Car detailing takes a comprehensive approach, paying attention to both the interior and the exterior of your vehicle. This may include:
- Washing and drying the exterior: Washing your car regularly is essential to prevent corrosion and fading.
- Cleaning wheels and tires: These areas are prone to accumulate dirt and dust, so they require special attention.
- Applying car polish: This helps reduce any scratches or swirls in your car’s paint.
- Applying wax and tire shine: These products offer protection and enhance the appearance of your ride.
- Removal of overspray: Tiny specks of paint are common on areas such as the under hood and trunk lid. Car detailing takes care of them.
- Vacuuming and cleaning the interior: Eliminates of the buildup of dust and dirt particles inside your car.
- Cleaning plastic surfaces: High-touch plastic parts such as the center control and steering wheel must be cleaned meticulously.
Advantages of Car Detailing
Auto detailing protects your vehicle from damaging agents. It also expands your car’s life and increases its resale value.
However, the advantages or auto detailing are not only economic, or aesthetic; they also extend to the realm of safety. For example, detailing prevents corrosion, which may negatively affect your vehicle’s structural integrity. Driving a clean car also ensures optimal visibility, allowing you to identify and avoid potential road hazards.
More Resources to Take Care of Your Car
Keep your ride always in tip top condition with these posts that cover about every aspect of care and maintenance of your car.
- How to clean your car rims
- 4 Tips to wax your car
- Use these ideas to avoid door dings
- Don’t ignore cracked windshields!
- How to wash your car by hand
- Protect your car from rust
Inland Empire Autobody & Paint Inc. is a leading company providing car detailing and auto detailing services in California. We take pride in our day-to-day workmanship and we work closely with our clients to satisfy their every concern.
We have locations in Riverside, California, and Moreno Valley, California. Request a quote today! Call us (951-465-7350), contact us through our website or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get information about our services: Collision repair, custom paint, windshield replacement, rim repair, paintless dent removal, auto detail, complete paint jobs and more!