The merriest season of the year isn’t complete without a beautiful Christmas tree. So, with Christmas upon us, here are some tips to transport a Christmas tree without damaging the paint of your vehicle.
How to Transport a Christmas Tree Without Damaging Your Car
- First, bring your own supplies with you to the Christmas tree lot. You can’t know for sure if they have everything you need, and you want to make sure that your car is protected.
- You will need three easy-to-find items: scissors, twine, and a tarp.
- Once you have selected your Christmas tree, lay on the ground two pieces of twine (about six feet each) and then place the tarp on top of them. You should have the tarp in the center, with the pieces of twine extending to the sides.
- Place the Christmas tree on top of the tarp and wrap it carefully using the pieces of twine. With the tree wrapped this way, the risk to your car’s paint is almost nonexistent.
- Place the wrapped tree on the roof of your car as close to the center as possible. Make sure the trunk of the tree is facing forward. This is to protect the top of your tree from the strong winds
- Now, secure the tree to the roof of the vehicle using longer pieces of twine. If your car has grab handles, use them as anchors to secure the twine. Make sure that the tree is tied snuggly.
- With the tree secured to the roof of your car, avoid the highway if possible and drive carefully — the tree might slightly alter the aerodynamics of your vehicle.
More Car Detailing Tips and Ideas
Keep your vehicle in top condition with these previous posts that cover every aspect of the care and maintenance of your car.
- How to protect the paint of a new car
- 3 Car care tips for pet owners
- How to extend the life of your car’s paint
- 7 Must-have cleaning supplies to keep in your car
Inland Empire Autobody & Paint Inc. is a family-owned business that specializes in collision repair and custom paint. We work with all major insurance companies!
We have locations in Riverside and Moreno Valley, California. Call us (951-465-7350), contact us through our website or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more information about our full range of services.