The dashboard or instrument panel is an important part of your car. It protects you and provides you with all the information you need to drive safely, such as speed, fuel levels, and even seat belt warnings. In short, a clean dashboard makes driving an even more enjoyable and comfortable experience.
How to Clean Your Car Dashboard
Cleaning your dashboard should be part of your routine when you wash your car. However, you can also clean your dashboard as a standalone task whenever you notice that dust and grime begin to accumulate.
- Vacuum the entire dashboard with a soft brush attachment.
- Wipe the surface of your dashboard with a damp cloth. You can use a dedicated product if you have one, otherwise, lukewarm water and mild soap are enough.
- Chances are that your dashboard has many crevices and fissures, so make sure to clean areas that may be hidden behind other components, such as the surface behind the wheel or the underside of the dashboard.
- If you have trouble cleaning hard-to-reach spots or tight angles (air vents, for example), use Q-tips or toothpicks.
- Once the surface of your dashboard is clean, you can add a nice final touch by polishing it using a cloth and a product formulated for the material of your dashboard.
That’s it! After completing these five easy steps, your dashboard should be looking like new. And if you want your ride to look impeccable, don’t hesitate to turn to a car detailing professional such as Inland Empire Autobody & Paint Inc. We have locations in Riverside and Moreno Valley and look forward to surprising you with our outstanding service and professionalism!
More Tips and Ideas
Keep your vehicle in mint condition with these posts that cover every aspect of the care and maintenance of your car.
- What is collision insurance?
- A basic auto detailing glossary
- 4 Classic car maintenance tips
- How to clean your car rims
- 4 Tips to avoid distracted driving
Inland Empire Autobody & Paint Inc. is a family-owned business that specializes in collision repair and custom paint. We work with all major insurance companies!
We have locations in Riverside and Moreno Valley, California. Call us (951-465-7350), contact us through our website or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to get information about our services: Collision repair, custom paint, windshield replacement, rim repair, paintless dent removal, auto detail, complete paint jobs and more!