Stickers are a fun way to personalize your ride. However, they may fade or after some time you may simply want to change the appearance of your car. If that’s your case, keep reading—here are some tips on how to remove stickers from auto glass.
How to Remove Stickers From Auto Glass
Before we get down to work, make sure to have the following on hand:
- Microfiber cloth
- Warm water
- Plastic scraper
- The car glass cleaner of your choice
- Rubbing alcohol
Now that we have all the utensils and products we’ll need, let’s remove those stickers!
- First, clean the area using warm water and the microfiber cloth.
- Apply the glass cleaner product and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Use the plastic scraper to lift a corner of the sticker and start peeling.
- If the sticker comes off in one piece, you’re in luck! If not, just keep reading.
- Chances are that the sticker won’t peel off completely the first time. Again, use the scraper to lift the pieces left behind and peel them one by one.
- Most stickers leave a glue residue behind after being removed. To get rid of it, apply glass cleaning product again and let it soak in.
- Use the plastic scraper and the microfiber towel to remove the glue residue.
- If part of the residue just won’t go away, use rubbing alcohol to dissolve it.
- Clean the area thoroughly with warm water and dry with the microfiber cloth to eliminate any lingering residue of glue or plastic.
- Enjoy your clean window or windshield!
More Tips and Ideas
Keep your vehicle in mint condition with these posts that cover every aspect of the care and maintenance of your car.
- Can fireworks damage your car’s paint?
- How to protect your car’s paint during summer
- How to clean your car’s dashboard
- What is collision insurance?
- A basic auto detailing glossary
Inland Empire Autobody & Paint Inc. is a family-owned business that specializes in collision repair and custom paint. We work with all major insurance companies!
We have locations in Riverside and Moreno Valley, California. Call us (951-465-7350), contact us through our website or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to get information about our services: Collision repair, custom paint, windshield replacement, rim repair, paintless dent removal, auto detail, complete paint jobs and more!