Your pets are part of your family. They live with you, keep you company, make you laugh, and probably ride in your car with you. Here are three car care tips for pet owners to help you protect your vehicle while enjoying the company of your four-legged friends.
Protect Your Upholstery
Cats and dogs are lovely, fun, furry friends. However, their claws can inflict serious damage on your upholstery. To protect the interior of your car from your pet’s paws, consider investing in a seat cover. Alternatively, you can spread a sturdy old blanket over the seat.
Get Rid of Fur
Even if you protect your car with a seat cover or a blanket, your pet will almost inevitably leave fur behind. While this might not seem like a big deal, it detracts from the look of your car and it can be a nuisance if you give a ride to someone who happens to be allergic to animal fur. Luckily, getting rid of pet fur is easy with some patience and a lint roller, an item you should always keep in your car if you have pets.
Riding with your pet is fun, but it also requires you to be ready to deal with all types of situations that require swift cleaning. Here’s a suggestion to deal with urine stains:
- Blot the area with a dry microfiber towel.
- Mix water, a tablespoon of white vinegar, and a dash of dish soap.
- Try the solution on a small, hidden spot of your upholstery to ensure that there are no adverse effects.
- Dip a clean microfiber cloth and blot the stain working from the edges toward the center until clean.
For feces or vomit, clean as much as possible and use the method described above for the remaining stains. As you do it, don’t forget to use gloves and open the doors of your vehicle to air things out.
More Tips and Ideas
Keep your vehicle in mint condition with these posts that cover every aspect of the care and maintenance of your car.
- How to extend the life of your car’s paint
- 7 Must-have cleaning supplies to keep in your car
- How to remove stickers from auto glass
- Can fireworks damage your car’s paint?
Inland Empire Autobody & Paint Inc. is a family-owned business that specializes in collision repair and custom paint. We work with all major insurance companies!
We have locations in Riverside and Moreno Valley, California. Call us (951-465-7350), contact us through our website or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more information about our full range of services.